Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: I should know better...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I should know better...

    than to ever try to get in the head of LPD.

    And to think I was going to let him back on the board. Thank goodness his blow up on the Va Preps board delayed it, and that caused me to go the 'sportsnut' board and find out how little things change.

    I feel bad because I did get mad enough to stoop to his level, but I guess it was good that it opened my eyes up a bit.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    To understand Bobby is to be Bobby...
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    yeah i got tired of this place almost a year ago. and he was one of the reasons. so i just decided to take some time off. if it wasnt for the passing of louie addington i would have never got back on this thing 6 months later.

    honestly i think appy has a good football program (not in the past 5 years) but traditionally, they are very strong. but so is kelly baseball. and while i do try to keep up with how the TRIBE is doing on the diamond, i dont make it the focal point of my life. i dont live and die with every pitch. and if a team beats them i'm not going to get on here and berate the other team.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For all I care Bobby can go drink a quart of methanol...
    </div></div>
    I would have HATED to see the thread after Norton took the dawgs to the woodsheed a whileback. I think he does have a really big problem, and if he is driving around then that is a problem for everyone else too. I just hope he can get some help before he hurts himself, or more importantly someone else.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    My biggest weakness, or at least one of the many, is that I think adults should act like adults. Not always, we all get caught up in things now and then, sometimes like to push buttons, good natured ribbing, and even some not-so good natured ribbing if its worthy.

    I guess thats why I have a hard time thinking adults should be banned from a message board. I mean now and then, violating the rules, getting a slap on the wrist, should be enough to make people stop for awhile. So every so often I think, you know those guys are adults, maybe they learned. Then 5 minutes later I find out that nope, they haven't.

    Its funny, if I wanted to rip into TOS, I could do like a few have done, create 10 different names and go on post rant, stir it up, not give them a chance to do anything but wonder when the attack is coming (you know kind of like at least one of theirs done), but I wont' do that. When I said I was glad that they had a place, I meant it. I would wonder who in the world could read my initital post, or for that matter, I think my first 2 posts and see me as attacking their board. In the world of Bobby, or his world now, if he was driving down the road with a car on fire, and someone said hey your car is on fire, he would jump out and be pissed that you insulted his driving. CDawg said what's the big deal if he has multiple names. There is no big deal with him having multiple names, the big deal is when he actually starts to believe that they are different people. When he has to use his other identity to try and defend himself. That is for lack of a better phrase, pretty screwed up. I mean when you have conversations like "If i was nut, I would ..." and then amazingly nut replies "Don't you worry Bobby, i will deal with this", it is frightning and what worries me is that people encourage this. (All that being said, I'm not 100% convinced that sportsnut is all the time Bobby, I think that its probably a shared name that Bobby has the password to--of course I may be thinking that hopeing that its not full on out there).

    I guess the way I look at it is this, I can sit here and disagree with you today. Tomorrow I forget it. A few of the obessives don't. You say something 6 months later and they are ready to attack. That isn't healthy and doesn't show to me at least, a very healthy mental state.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    In the end. When you reflect back. All that matters is that you give your all. No one can not appreciate that.








    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    Go Bulldawgs?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    Watch yourself or you'll end up being snitched out by one of his spies on here, and he'll ambush you on VAP [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]

    Everytime somebody talks about him, they just give him the pleasure of knowing that he is the topic of discussion (my last post on the subject)
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    For all I care Bobby can go drink a quart of methanol...
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    I feel sorry for Counts because I ranted to him about it. I think I was just the latest in the target. Indian_dad spoke on Va Preps and was sandblasted because bitter-town, Population Bobby, was lying in wait. I spoke on his forum, with no attack at all just trying to be helpful, and was wide open. I see that now.

    It's my own stupidity. I know Bobby was a useful poster when he wanted to be, but I also know more about his tactics than he ever guessed. I sympathize with Indian_dad because he knows stuff that Bobby probably fears ever being said, and he has the good sense to think before he reacts. The thing is with him, I keep thinking "maybe he'll get it this time" but years of being lied to and thinking he's pulling something just got to me to the point where if he walked up and said "Hey how you doing", I would wonder the angle, and I hate that.

    Heck people, I know I'm not perfect. I know I've ran some people off, but I read what he writes on the board, about this forum having 'problems still' and I wonder what he means. Yeah I know there are issues between certain posters, but that is going to happen anywhere you have people interacting. It's funny that anybody that agrees with me are my followers. Heck no, most of the ones who agree with me about him disagree about hokie or those that disagree about him agree about hokie and totally disagree with me on something else.

    Most of the posters on this forum, I take a lot of council from. Some good advice flows from the older posters. Have we lost people that I would love to have back? Absolutely. That being said, how many of those posters are jumping on his board. If they were just tired of the issues here, they would be there, wouldn't they? I understand, people change, people who had kids and posted here, their kids graduated, and their interst in local sports lowered. No doubt I have caused some to leave, but I think I am fairly safe to guess that less left due to me than left do to him.

    Anyhow, to those of you who have stuck it out for a long time. Thanks. I'll try to not address the other board anymore. I was stupid, naive and I guess a bit too trusting.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I should know better...

    I'm all for consolidation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •